The library activities and services are fully automated using Libsys software. The Library is well equipped with modem facilities and resources (print and electronic) in the forms of CDROMs, DVDROM, online databases, microdocuments, video cassettes, books, journals, theses, reports, etc. It has also developed a fullfledged Eresource center equipped with necessary modem equipment in order to provide various digital mode Library services. Digital Library has developed an institutional digital repository using open source software DSpace, which preserves the institute's intellectual publications.
Dedicated to show the path of knowledge, to explore the hidden treasure of human thoughts which are available in form of books, journals, videos in print as well as nonprint shape in the library for achieving excellence in their chosen disciplines.
The Library contributes to the fulfillment of the College's mission by:
- Selecting, acquiring, organising, maintaining and making accessible a collection of printed and nonprinted, primary and secondary materials that will support the educational, research and public service programmes of both students and the faculty.
- Responding to the varying needs of the academic community by involving the faculty, the students and the administration in the development and periodic assessment of the library services and resources.
- Providing library users with pointofuse instruction, personal assistance in conducting literature research and other reference services.
- Providing an environment conducive to the optimum use of library materials and an appropriate schedule of hours of service and professional assistance.
- Participating in overall computing resources, planning and providing for full library utilization of automation technology, physical facilities and equipment adequate to process, catalogue and store the materials.
- Enhancing the library's resources and services through cooperative relationship with other libraries and agencies.
With the future needs in view the library makes certain that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in girth and form. Through promotion, the Library makes its users aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier. To serve potential users, the Library conserves information across all formats and ensures effectual storage and deliverance schemes. The Library’s cooperation with expanding circles of associates yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
Library Collection (print and eresources)
The Library’s collection comprises hybrid resources (Print & Electronic) in the field of science, technology, and management. Organising these resources effectively and efficiently and bringing them to the notice of the users is of utmost importance to the library. The library needs to grow as a knowledge centre and to use methods to organize and present high quality information in different subject domains in the minimum time. Library and information professionals have developed critical assessment skills and enable access to virtual and printed collections through networks, research engines, portals, subject guides, directories, digital libraries, metaindexes and other resources. A large number of Eresources, including Ejournals and Elearning tutorials are already available free on the Web through different portals. Organizing both commercial and free resources and bringing these to the notice of the users is of great importance to promoting research and education. The library and information officers are aware of the latest developments in information technology and information management, the different tools and techniques available in order to train the library staff to work towards the changing environment.
The collection consists of Books, Backvolumes of Periodicals, Theses, Conference Proceedings, Reports,EBooks, EJournals, Microforms, and CDROM/ DVDROM Databases, and video courses The subscribed eresources are IEEE,,ELSEVIER (SDEngineering and SDChemical) and Ebrary .The Central Library has also NPTEL video courses with well equipped audio visual facilities for the users.
The Library building
The library occupies over 6500 Sqm. area and five reading room facilities . It provides students with access to a vast repository of resources, including books and periodicals. These peaceful, sunlit areas provide ideal study spaces. We have 20 mbps leased line (microwave radio link) with 24 hour internet connectivity. The local internet, a 100 MBPS switched network, provides an interactive platform for sharing resources and building communities. The fire protection and CCTV systems have been provided in the library building. The reading rooms have been provided with three floor systems comprising different branches.
The Central Library has Institutional Membership of Developing Library Network (DELNET),Institute of Engineers India (IEI) and British Council Online Library (BCOL)